When asked to donate a service to the York County Humane Society of York County there was no way I could say no. As a dog lover it means allot to me that this organization takes in these innocent animals that have been abandoned lost or abused, and tries their best to rehabilitate and find them a forever home. The Cause for the paws event has become and annual fundraiser to support the Humane Society. This year was the 3rd annual event. The Longbranch of Rock Hill hosted the event, and Restaurants Empire Pizza of Newport, Wing King of Fort Mill, Wingbonz of Rock Hill/Fort Mill, and Ledo’s Pizza from Rock hill participated in a Wing War.
The food and music was great, and there were plenty of smiling faces. The volunteers and organizers of the event were top notch and the organization of this event went of without a hitch even thought he outdoors weather was less than stellar.
The community donated over $24,000 of items available for auction and raffles. From amazing baskets, to Gas grills, art and all types of services. The event was a awesome opportunity to meet new people in the community, socialize and donate to a great cause. I documented the event with photography hopefully showing how much fun it was will bring in more people to the event in the following years.
If you couldn’t make it and want to still donate. Here is the information straight from the York County Humane Society’s Website.
The HSYC appreciates any contribution you can make. Following is a small list of ways you can help:
- Make a monetary donation (make checks payable to the HSYC and mail to 8177 Regent Parkway, Fort Mill, SC 29715, or go DONATE NOW via PayPal)
- Donate items from our Wish List
- Buy a brick for the Path of Hope
- Ask your employer to do a company match donation program for 6 months
- Host a fundraiser for the HSYC
- Volunteer to help at a special event, at the shelter or at the shop
- Host a bake sale, yard sale, car wash, or penny drive for the HSYC
- Shop at PAWSibilities Thrift Shop (http://PAWSibilitiesThriftShop.com)
- Donate new or gently used goods to the PAWSibilities Thrift Shop
With your help, HSYC will be able to continue its mission to “give abandoned animals a second chance.” Together we can make this work! Thank you for your support, and remember to “Think adoption first!”
Here is a brief gallery of the event: